- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- Now in Paperback
- New York Times BestsellersThis Week-Print and E-Book
- NYT Most Notable Books
- NPR's Best Books of 2013 for Book Clubs
- Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Must Read Books of 2013
- USA Today's Top 10 Must Reads of 2013
- Huffington Post's Best Books of 2013
- NYT Notable Books of 2013 (Non-Fiction)
- National Book Critics Circle Awards Nominees 2014
- NYT 10 Best Books of 2013
- O Magazine Top 10 Reads of 2013
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
- August Author of the Month Jan Karon Returns to Mitford in Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good
- This Week at BookMovement
- Author Road trip to 17th century France with M.J. Rose and Sandra Gulland
- The Interestings Road Trip: Meg Wolitzer & I Discuss Moments of Strangeness
- Interview with Jane Green, author of Tempting Fate
- The Comfort of Lies Road Trip
- The Visionist Road Trip
- The Necessary Lies Road Trip Newsletter
BKMT READING GUIDES
Looking for Me
by Beth Hoffman
Hardcover : 368 pages
9 clubs reading this now
0 members told 0 friends about this book.
4 members have read this book
Beth Hoffman’s bestselling debut, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, won admirers and acclaim with its heartwarming story and cast of unforgettable characters. Now her unique flair for evocative settings and richly drawn Southern personalities shines in her compelling new novel, Looking for Me.
Teddi Overman found her life’s passion for furniture in a broken-down chair left on the side of the road in rural Kentucky. She learns to turn other people’s castoffs into beautifully restored antiques, and eventually finds a way to open her own shop in Charleston. There, Teddi builds a life for herself as unexpected and quirky as the customers who visit her shop. Though Teddi is surrounded by remarkable friends and finds love in the most surprising way, nothing can alleviate the haunting uncertainty she’s felt in the years since her brother Josh’s mysterious disappearance. When signs emerge that Josh might still be alive, Teddi is drawn home to Kentucky. It’s a journey that could help her come to terms with her shattered family?and to find herself at last. But first she must decide what to let go of and what to keep.
Looking for Me brilliantly melds together themes of family, hope, loss, and a mature once-in-a-lifetime kind of love. The result is a tremendously moving story that is destined to make bestselling author Beth Hoffman a novelist to whom readers will return again and again as they have with Adriana Trigiani, Fannie Flagg, and Joshilyn Jackson.
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Discussion QuestionsNo discussion questions at this time.
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 2 of 2 members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more