- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- NPR Great Reads for Book Clubs 2015
- From Page to Screen
- Pulitzer Prize Winners (Novel)
- New York Times Bestsellers (Fiction)
- New York Times Bestsellers (Non-Fiction)
- Most Anticipated Books of February
- Amazon Best Books of the Month
- The NYT Most Notable Books of 2015 (Fiction)
- Now in Paperback
- People Magazine Best Books of 2015
- iBooks Best Books of the Month
- National Book Award Winners (Fiction)
- The NYT Most Notable Books of 2015 (Non-Fiction)
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Entertainment Weekly Best Books of 2015
- Indie Next Best Books of the Month
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
BKMT READING GUIDES
The Red Garden
by Alice Hoffman
Hardcover : 288 pages
7 clubs reading this now
12 members have read this book
In exquisite prose, Hoffman offers a transforming glimpse of small-town America, presenting us with some three hundred years ...
(The Red Garden introduces us to the luminous and haunting world of Blackwell, Massachusetts, capturing the unexpected turns in its history and in our own lives.
In exquisite prose, Hoffman offers a transforming glimpse of small-town America, presenting us with some three hundred years of passion, dark secrets, loyalty, and redemption in a web of tales where characters' lives are intertwined by fate and by their own actions.
From the town's founder, a brave young woman from England who has no fear of blizzards or bears, to the young man who runs away to New York City with only his dog for company, the characters in The Red Garden are extraordinary and vivid: a young wounded Civil War soldier who is saved by a passionate neighbor, a woman who meets a fiercely human historical character, a poet who falls in love with a blind man, a mysterious traveler who comes to town in the year when summer never arrives.
At the center of everyone's life is a mysterious garden where only red plants can grow, and where the truth can be found by those who dare to look.
Beautifully crafted, shimmering with magic, The Red Garden is as unforgettable as it is moving.
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Suggested by Members
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 3 of members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more