- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- Now in Paperback
- New York Times BestsellersThis Week-Print and E-Book
- NYT Most Notable Books
- NPR's Best Books of 2013 for Book Clubs
- Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Must Read Books of 2013
- USA Today's Top 10 Must Reads of 2013
- Huffington Post's Best Books of 2013
- NYT Notable Books of 2013 (Non-Fiction)
- National Book Critics Circle Awards Nominees 2014
- NYT 10 Best Books of 2013
- O Magazine Top 10 Reads of 2013
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
- August Author of the Month Jan Karon Returns to Mitford in Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good
- This Week at BookMovement
- Author Road trip to 17th century France with M.J. Rose and Sandra Gulland
- The Interestings Road Trip: Meg Wolitzer & I Discuss Moments of Strangeness
- Interview with Jane Green, author of Tempting Fate
- The Comfort of Lies Road Trip
- The Visionist Road Trip
- The Necessary Lies Road Trip Newsletter
BKMT READING GUIDES
A Dog's Purpose
by W. Bruce Cameron
Hardcover : 320 pages
10 clubs reading this now
0 members told 0 friends about this book.
8 members have read this book
This is the remarkable story of one endearing dog's search for his purpose over the course of several lives. More than just another charming dog story, A Dog's Purpose touches on the universal quest for an answer to life's most basic question: Why are we here?
Surprised to find himself reborn as a rambunctious golden-haired puppy after a tragically short life as a stray mutt, Bailey's search for his new life's meaning leads him into the loving arms of 8-year-old Ethan. During their countless adventures Bailey joyously discovers how to be a good dog.
But this life as a beloved family pet is not the end of Bailey's journey. Reborn as a puppy yet again, Bailey wondersówill he ever find his purpose?
Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh-out-loud funny, A Dog's Purpose is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog's many lives, but also a dog's-eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man's best friend. This moving and beautifully crafted story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose. ††
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Discussion QuestionsNo discussion questions at this time.
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 6 of 7 members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more