- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- Now in Paperback
- New York Times BestsellersThis Week-Print and E-Book
- NYT Most Notable Books
- NPR's Best Books of 2013 for Book Clubs
- Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Must Read Books of 2013
- USA Today's Top 10 Must Reads of 2013
- Huffington Post's Best Books of 2013
- NYT Notable Books of 2013 (Non-Fiction)
- National Book Critics Circle Awards Nominees 2014
- NYT 10 Best Books of 2013
- O Magazine Top 10 Reads of 2013
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
- August Author of the Month Jan Karon Returns to Mitford in Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good
- This Week at BookMovement
- Author Road trip to 17th century France with M.J. Rose and Sandra Gulland
- The Interestings Road Trip: Meg Wolitzer & I Discuss Moments of Strangeness
- Interview with Jane Green, author of Tempting Fate
- The Comfort of Lies Road Trip
- The Visionist Road Trip
- The Necessary Lies Road Trip Newsletter
BKMT READING GUIDES
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass
by Cassandra Clare
Hardcover : 1520 pages
0 clubs reading this now
0 members told 0 friends about this book.
2 members have read this book
(In City of Bones, fifteen-year-old Clary Fray is introduced to the world of the Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of warriors dedicated to driving demons out of our world. And she's introduced with a vengeance, when Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque monster sent by the evil and powerful Shadowhunter, Valentine. How could a mere human survive such an attack.
In the second novel, City of Ashes, Clary just wants her life to go back to normal--but that turns out to be impossible. For one thing, her mother is still in the hospital, in a mysterious coma. For another, she and her newfound brother Jace have fallen under a cloud of suspicion now that the Shadowhunter world knows that Valentine is still alive--and that Jace and Clary are his son and daughter. Then Clary's best friend Simon is turned into a vampire and kidnapped by Valentine, who intends to sacrifice him as part of a bloody ritual that will make the Mortal Instruments Valentine's forever.
In book three, City of Glass, Clary has to use all her ingenuity and newfound magical skills to get herself to the Glass City in Idris, the secretive Shadowhunters' home country, where she is forbidden to go--for it is only there that she can find the cure to the enchanted sleeping sickness to which her mother has succumbed. When Valentine attacks the city and destroys the demon towers, Clary and her allies are all that stand between him and the total annihilation of all Shadowhunters. Love is a mortal sin and the past tangles inextricably with the present as Clary and Jace face down their father in the final installment of the Mortal Instruments series.
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Discussion QuestionsNo discussion questions at this time.
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 3 of 3 members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more