- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- Now in Paperback
- New York Times BestsellersThis Week-Print and E-Book
- NYT Most Notable Books
- NPR's Best Books of 2013 for Book Clubs
- Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Must Read Books of 2013
- USA Today's Top 10 Must Reads of 2013
- Huffington Post's Best Books of 2013
- NYT Notable Books of 2013 (Non-Fiction)
- National Book Critics Circle Awards Nominees 2014
- NYT 10 Best Books of 2013
- O Magazine Top 10 Reads of 2013
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
- August Author of the Month Jan Karon Returns to Mitford in Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good
- This Week at BookMovement
- Author Road trip to 17th century France with M.J. Rose and Sandra Gulland
- The Interestings Road Trip: Meg Wolitzer & I Discuss Moments of Strangeness
- Interview with Jane Green, author of Tempting Fate
- The Comfort of Lies Road Trip
- The Visionist Road Trip
- The Necessary Lies Road Trip Newsletter
BKMT READING GUIDES
by Kaylin McFarren
Kindle Edition : 0 pages
0 clubs reading this now
0 members told 0 friends about this book.
0 members have read this book
Believing herself responsible for her father's fatal diving accident, Racel Lyons has withdrawn from the world and assumed a safe position at a foundation office. When called upon by a museum director to assist her former love interest with the recovery of a priceless artifact from a sunken galleon, she has no intention of cooperating - until her brother is kidnapped by a drug-dealing gangster. In order to save him and gain control over her own life, Rachel must not only overcome her greatest fears, but also relive the circumstances that lead to her father's death.
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
Excerpt"Rachel, I'm not going to lie to you. I heard you'd given up diving, that you were working for the Warren Nash Foundation. But I honestly had no idea you'd be here."
Her spine stiffened.
"And as for your dad," he continued, "not a day goes by that I don't feel responsible for what happened. Sam was a good man. Like a father to me."
She bristled. Her gaze burned with emotion. "Oh, really? Then why didn't you have the decency to show up at his funeral?"
Chase's gaze slid from her face. His brows met when he looked up again. "Look, I really wanted to come. It's just that after the investigation and everything - "
Her anger ripened. "Yea, right." His scrawled note had left her brooding for weeks. Something urgent came up...have to leave town. After professing her love, he turned out to be the scoundrel her brother Devon had painted him out to be. Her teeth clenched at the memory. "You were a complete asshole. Now, get out of my way." ... view entire excerpt...
Discussion QuestionsIf you were faced with Rachel Lyons' predicament, would you have done the same as she did or considered other options?
Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
Who would you like to know more about in the second Threads novel?
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 0 of 0 members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more