- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- Now in Paperback
- New York Times BestsellersThis Week-Print and E-Book
- NYT Most Notable Books
- NPR's Best Books of 2013 for Book Clubs
- Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Must Read Books of 2013
- USA Today's Top 10 Must Reads of 2013
- Huffington Post's Best Books of 2013
- NYT Notable Books of 2013 (Non-Fiction)
- National Book Critics Circle Awards Nominees 2014
- NYT 10 Best Books of 2013
- O Magazine Top 10 Reads of 2013
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
- August Author of the Month Jan Karon Returns to Mitford in Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good
- This Week at BookMovement
- Author Road trip to 17th century France with M.J. Rose and Sandra Gulland
- The Interestings Road Trip: Meg Wolitzer & I Discuss Moments of Strangeness
- Interview with Jane Green, author of Tempting Fate
- The Comfort of Lies Road Trip
- The Visionist Road Trip
- The Necessary Lies Road Trip Newsletter
BKMT READING GUIDES
The Family Fang: A Novel
by Kevin Wilson
Paperback : 336 pages
0 clubs reading this now
0 members told 0 friends about this book.
0 members have read this book
“The Family Fang is a comedy, a tragedy, and a tour-de-force examination of what it means to make art and survive your family….The best single word description would be brilliant.”
—Ann Patchett, author of Bel Canto
“It’s The Royal Tenenbaums meets Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? I’d call The Family Fang a guilty pleasure, but it’s too damn smart….A total blast.”
—Hannah Pittard, author of The Fates Will Find Their Way
Owen King (We’re All in This Together) calls author Kevin Wilson, “the unholy child of George Saunders and Carson McCullers.” With his novel, The Family Fang, the Shirley Jackson Award-winning author of Tunneling to the Center of the Earth comes through in a BIG way, with a funny, poignant, laugh-and-cry-out-loud (sometimes at the same time) novel about the art of surviving a masterpiece of dysfunction. Meet The Family Fang, an unforgettable collection of demanding, brilliant, and absolutely endearing oddballs whose lives are risky and mischievous performance art. If the writing of Gary Shteyngart, Miranda July, Scarlett Thomas, and Charles Yu excites you, you’ll certainly want to invite this Family into your home.
Editorial ReviewAmazon Best Books of the Month, August 2011: For outrÃ© performance artists, Caleb and Camille Fang, everything in life is secondary to art, including their children. Annie and Buster (popularly known as Child A. and Child B.) are the unwilling stars of their parentsâ?? chaotically subversive work. Art is truly a family affair for the Fangs. Years later, their lives in disarray, Annie and Buster reluctantly return home in search of sanctuaryâ??only to be caught up in one last performance. The Family Fang sparkles with Kevin Wilsonâ??s inventive dialogue and wonderfully rendered set-pieces that capture the surreal charm of the Fangâ??s most notable work. With this brilliant novel, the family Fang is destined to join the families Tenenbaum and Bluth as paragons of high dysfunction.--Shane Hansanuwat
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Discussion QuestionsNo discussion questions at this time.
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 0 of 0 members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more