- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- NPR Great Reads for Book Clubs 2015
- From Page to Screen
- Pulitzer Prize Winners (Novel)
- New York Times Bestsellers (Fiction)
- New York Times Bestsellers (Non-Fiction)
- Most Anticipated Books of February
- Amazon Best Books of the Month
- The NYT Most Notable Books of 2015 (Fiction)
- Now in Paperback
- People Magazine Best Books of 2015
- iBooks Best Books of the Month
- National Book Award Winners (Fiction)
- The NYT Most Notable Books of 2015 (Non-Fiction)
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Entertainment Weekly Best Books of 2015
- Indie Next Best Books of the Month
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
BKMT READING GUIDES
Nightwoods: A Novel
by Charles Frazier
Hardcover : 272 pages
0 clubs reading this now
0 members have read this book
Charles Frazier puts his remarkable gifts in the service of a lean, taut narrative while losing none of the transcendent...
The extraordinary author of Cold Mountain and Thirteen Moons returns with a dazzling new novel of suspense and love set in small-town North Carolina in the early 1960s.
Charles Frazier puts his remarkable gifts in the service of a lean, taut narrative while losing none of the transcendent prose, virtuosic storytelling, and insight into human nature that have made him one of the most beloved and celebrated authors in the world. Now, with his brilliant portrait of Luce, a young woman who inherits her murdered sister's troubled twins, Frazier has created his most memorable heroine.
Before the children, Luce was content with the reimbursements of the rich Appalachian landscape, choosing to live apart from the small community around her. But the coming of the children changes everything, cracking open her solitary life in difficult, hopeful, dangerous ways.
Charles Frazier is known for his historical literary odysseys, and for making figures in the past come vividly to life. Set in the twentieth century, Nightwoods resonates with the timelessness of a great work of art.
A Letter from Author Charles Frazier
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Discussion QuestionsNo discussion questions at this time.
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by of members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more