- HOW TO...
- TOP CLUB PICKS
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT
- Top Rated Books
- Book Giveaways
- New Releases
- NPR Great Reads for Book Clubs 2015
- From Page to Screen
- Pulitzer Prize Winners (Novel)
- New York Times Bestsellers (Fiction)
- New York Times Bestsellers (Non-Fiction)
- Most Anticipated Books of February
- Amazon Best Books of the Month
- The NYT Most Notable Books of 2015 (Fiction)
- Now in Paperback
- People Magazine Best Books of 2015
- iBooks Best Books of the Month
- National Book Award Winners (Fiction)
- The NYT Most Notable Books of 2015 (Non-Fiction)
- Book Club Review: "Beautiful"
- Entertainment Weekly Best Books of 2015
- Indie Next Best Books of the Month
- Book Club Review: "Fun"
- AUTHOR CHATS
BKMT READING GUIDES
The Good Daughters: A Novel (P.S.)
by Joyce Maynard
Paperback : 278 pages
0 clubs reading this now
0 members have read this book
Ruth is an artist, a romantic with a rich, passionate, imaginative life?the fifth daughter born to a gentle, caring farmer and his stolid wife. R
They were born on the same day, in the same small New Hampshire hospital?but Ruth Plank and Dana Dickerson are different in nearly every way.
Ruth is an artist, a romantic with a rich, passionate, imaginative life?the fifth daughter born to a gentle, caring farmer and his stolid wife. Raised by a pair of capricious drifters, Dana is a scientist and realist whose faith is firmly planted in the natural world. From the 1950s to the present, the lives of the ?birthday sisters? parallel and oddly intersect, as each struggles to find her place in a world in which she has never truly felt she belonged. Sharing little except a birth date?and a love for Dana's wild and beautiful older brother, Ray?two virtual strangers will travel alternate paths winding through first love, first sex, marriage, parenthood, divorce, and tragic loss...until both are forced to reevaluate themselves and each other when past secrets and forgotten memories unexpectedly come to light.
Editorial ReviewNo editorial review at this time.
ExcerptNo Excerpt Currently Available
Discussion QuestionsNo discussion questions at this time.
Book Club Recommendations
Recommended to book clubs by 0 of members.
Join the leading website for book clubs with over 35,000 clubs and 20,000 reading guides.
Get free weekly updates on top club picks, book giveaways, author events and more